Well, what can I say? This is my book so of course I love it to pieces!
If you are interested in learning more about stingless bees of Australia and would also like to teach children about the various types of native bees we have then look no further – this book is for you!
With amazing illustrations and diagrams created by Brenna Quinlan and a fun and engaging story by Vanessa Ryan-Rendall, children will come away with so much knowledge about bees, where they live and why they are important.
I am running storytime sessions, science based sessions and literacy sessions revolved around this book so please grab your copy and get in touch!
It links in perfectly with Livings things (science curriculum) as well as the cross curricular priority of Sustainability. Teachers can also link in where these bees live to their geography units with care of our country along with what these bees need to survive.
- How many bees can you find in your garden?
- What sorts of insects live in your outdoor space? Conduct an insect audit.
- Can you create a better place for insects to live in your area? Plant more flowers, have better soil, leaf litter or sticks could be all you need.
- Compare stingless bees with each other and also to the honey bee.
- How can you create a better habitat so insects can survive and thrive all year round? Look not only at your home or educational space but the houses and businesses around you!
- Explore the life cycle of different stingless bees
Buy your copy here: Bee Detectives, Vanessa Ryan-Rendall, Brenna Quinlan, 9781486313396 (csiro.au)
And visit my author website to get in touch: About Vanessa – Vanessa Ryan-Rendall